Governing Council Begins

It's a full house at Governing Council. As per usual, the delegation from the Twin City Figure Skating Association is set up in the back of the house - one, so we can sneak out as needed; and two, because we're closer to the power outlets (at least for me and my computer).

The keynote speaker was the NBC General Counsel talking about their ten-year relationship with U.S. Figure Skating and the new contract that takes us through 2026. Now in addition to NBC, NBCSN and the Olympic Channel, there will be NBC Sports Gold is a subscription product that is direct to consumer without going through networks. And unlike Ice Network, it will be available on mobile, tablets AND connected televisions (Smart TV). When that was mentioned, the crowd roared.

First credential report:
559 active clubs and 6 provisional clubs with a potential of 1248 votes.
Currently there are 343 delegates, 467 proxy votes and 240 athlete votes for 1050 total votes available.

This year, I'm playing GC Bingo. I only need "John Coughlin speaks at mic" and Run-off vote required" to get a bingo, but then learned John isn't here. But I have a couple of other options - "Friendly Amendment" and "Is it a rule or a guideline? question" will also get me there.

If I have to predict the contentious issues, my guess will be the change to the Nominating Committee structure and the change of times for synchro programs. Stand by.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Requests for Action discussion

Afternoon session: The End